Monday, November 9, 2015

Rainy Days and Mondays

When it rains I always sing, "Rainy days and Mondays always get me down!" by The Carpenters. It happens to be raining and a Monday neither of which are getting me down. California needs the rain desperately and Mondays are my easy day at work. No, I am not down because of blessings and work; I am down because I am not feeling very well and I am sick in bed.

My mom spoils me so much, I am not complaining, and this weekend she went above and beyond. She bought me a calming coloring book (I now have two), a much needed storage tray, and a Bella Triple Slow Cooker, in Red. Each slow cooker is 1.5 quarts. It was on sale and that was all she needed to know. I just looked online and it is normally $69.99!

Originally I wanted a tray for my various remotes because they just hide in my covers (I should really make my bed more often) or I kick them off the bed during the middle of the night. I have not been able to find one anywhere. They are either too big or too small. This one I will admit is too big for just remotes but it fit my room too perfectly and I knew I could figure out what else to put in it. When I got home and put it on my nightstand I thought my coloring and favorite books (The Secret, The Best Year of Your Life, and my Scriptures) were perfect additions to my tray and it helps my desire of wanting to read more in bed versus nightly Netflix binges.

I am curious...
What do you have on your nightstand?
What are your nightly rituals?
Do you like your nightly rituals to be productive or mindless (sometimes that is so nice, lol)?

It would seem that we have a little bit of a storm brewing! I just heard some thunder! Mother nature is clearing her throat so I am going to hop off the laptop and relax. ***UPDATE*** We got a great lightning and thunder storm. That was crazy cool and I am glad I am in bed. Be safe out there friends. Time to turn on the heating blanket and watch movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment