Thursday, November 5, 2015

In Progress: Over plucked eyebrows + Castor Oil = ????

Hello there, 1990's!
I had the pleasure of being an 80's baby and 90's kid; what a great time to grow up! During my 8th grade Spring Break my cousin said to me, "Hey, let's pluck your eyebrows!" I called my mom at work and asked for her permission because I had never plucked before. After being told just to pluck some of the strays and that was it (or else!), I got the thumbs up and my cousin went to town.

THE PAIN! Why do women do this?!

My cousin did great and she followed my mom's instructions because she knew better. What I continued to do after that sealed my fate. Seeing as my cousin plucked the obvious hairs that were not part of my natural brow line, I saw no dramatic difference. However, when I returned to class the following week the guy that sat next to me in math class said, "Hey, you look different. Oh, you plucked your eyebrows. They were more bushy before Spring Break." Hahaha. Who says boys do not pay attention? I had no idea I had bushy eyebrows before.

So yes, I grew up in the 90's. One of the negative sides of the 90's, fashion and beauty wise, was the fact that women's eyebrows were very thin; it was the thing to do. In retrospect, I had no idea that women waxed their eyebrows. I did not know there were professionals for such a thing so I did it all myself. I did it to my own damn self, lol. You know what comes next...I am over plucked and I have been that way for a while for far too long.

Several months back a friend said something funny/sarcastic to me and I raised just one eyebrow at her. She started to giggle, I gave her a questioning glace, and she continued to laugh as she explained, "I'm sorry, I just love how little your eyebrow looks every time you do that."

Little? I went from bushy to little. What have I done to my poor eyebrows over the years?

After that incident, and if I am being honest, whenever I got around to plucking I remembered what she had said. I raised my eyebrow to see what she was laughing at and I saw it. If you look at the picture of the eye you'll see the eyebrow is broken up into 3 parts: a, b, and c. My "A" game is strong for the most part, my "B" can use a little work, and my "C"? I am lacking a lot in the C department, which is what my friend was talking about and she was right. LOL. In the last couple of years when I look at pictures of my face (profile) I could see how thin and nonexistent my eyebrows are but I did not know what I could do about it until recently.

A couple of months ago I saw that there was a "restore" serum sold at the place of business I get waxed at. I am almost done with it and I am have got some exciting results but I am not all that crazy about the price compared to the amount of serum that is sold. So, I have been doing some Pinterest searching for a homemade alternative and came across something that was more satisfying budget wise.

Castor Oil.

There are a lot of different benefits to castor oil that I highly recommend you research for yourself. If you are interested in improving the health and growth of your hair, eyelashes, and eyebrows: use castor oil. I feel a little weird putting the oil on my eyelashes but seeing as they are naturally long and curly, I will skip that part. This morning I went to CVS, as all other women have stated in their blogs, and bought Castor Oil. It was $6.49 for 4 fl oz compared to $20 before tax for 0.12 oz tube of restore serum!
My eyebrow BEFORE picture.
Over the last few weeks, with the serum I am finishing up and not plucking, I have been painfully growing back these bad boys. I feel like Oscar the Grouch or like two caterpillars are just sitting on my forehead but they have been growing back and I have been carefully shaping and grooming them. So as of November 5, 2015 this is my eyebrow BEFORE picture. I have a promising foundation and cannot wait to continue properly grooming my results as my eyebrows grow back with the use of Castor Oil.

While I do not have a before and after photo just yet I will be checking in from time to time. How have you mended a bad eyebrow wax job or turned back the hands of time on your over plucked eye brows? Please tell me there is hope?

No comments:

Post a Comment